Bachelor of Science in Bible - Online
The LEADon program is for students living a significant distance from the college or who simply desire a greater amount of flexibility. LEADon is the on-line equivalent of the LEAD ON-Campus Bachelor program, and the two offer identical course loads. In the LEADon program, however, the courses are designed so that you take three courses per semester in sixteen weeks (four courses if you are pursuing a specialization). Two courses would be taken simultaneously during the first 8 weeks of each semester and one or two during the last 8 weeks depending on whether you are getting a specialization or not.
The B.S. in Bible Online program is identical to the On-Campus program in content and allows students to complete their degree in the comfort of their home, with the benefits of maximum flexibility and convenience..
There are four Specializations that can be added to the Bachelor of Science in Bible core. Specializations are concentrations, or academic emphases that may be added to the Bachelor of Science in Bible core. They may be taken in conjunction with either either the LEAD or LEADon program. Each specialization is 18 credits. Specializations are offered online only. The four specializations are listed below:
After completing the LEADon Bachelor of Science in Bible program at FCC students should . . .
- interact with their culture analytically, socially, and spiritually.
- appreciate the message of the Bible in its historic context.
- have the skills necessary for the proper interpretation of the Bible.
- be able to state systematically the great doctrines of the Bible.
- be equipped to defend the Biblical revelation against rival claims and hostile attacks.
- be competent to provide Christian leadership in the chosen field of work.
- be able to apply Biblical principles in the practice of church-related ministry.
- be able to communicate effectively the Word of God.
- model character and leadership ability consistent with the mind and attitude of Christ.
- demonstrate proficiency in the general area of leadership ministry.
- reach the lost with the gospel of Christ effectively and compassionately.
- practice relationship-building skills.
- function effectively in an administrative role.
- refine personal, professional, and spiritual priorities.
- Students that are 23 and older qualify for the LEAD programs.
- Students who possess 60+ hours of transferable college credit qualify for the LEAD programs.
- Students must complete our standard admission requirements. CLICK HERE for more information.
*Students who are under 23 but who demonstrate lifestyle circumstances congruent with the LEAD program design (employed, family responsibilities, etc.) may petition admittance.
||ADB 112 Bible Survey (3)
||ADB 410 Biblical Interpretation (3)
||ADB 360 Life and Leadership of Jesus (3)
||ADB 330 Earliest Christianity (3)
ADB 350 The Leadership of Paul (3)
||ADB 310 From Eden to Exile (3)
|Old Testament Prophets
||ADB 320 Ministry of Jeremiah (3)
||ADB 431 Theology I (3)
ADB 432 Theology II (3)
ADB 440 Theology of Church Growth (3)
||ADG 211 Composition & Research (3)
||ADG 270 Restoration History (3)
||ADG 330 Apologetics (3)
||ADG 310 Christian Perspectives (3)
ADG 320 Leadership Ethics (3)
||ADM 310 Personal Development for Christian Leadership (3)
ADM 315 Counseling & Intervention Skills (3)
ADM 341 Integration of Theology & Behavioral Theory (3)
- LEAD Core is common to all BS Programs (54 credits)—6 semesters at 9 credits
- This core, taken by itself, online or on-campus, assuming sufficient transfer credit, constitutes a BS with a major in Bible with no specialization for 54 hours.
- If one of the online specializations are chosen, the number of credits taken at FCC increases to 72.